[Stackless] Newbie questions about stackless

Andrew Francis andrewfr_ice at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 29 17:52:42 CEST 2009

Hi Cui Jian:

> Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2009 23:22:12 +0200
> From: Cui Jian <ken at informatik.uni-bremen.de>
> To: stackless at stackless.com
> Subject: [Stackless] Newbie questions about stackless
> python

>I am very new to stackless python and have the two following newbie
>questions:

Welcome to Stackless Python!

> 2. Are there any tutorial about using stackless to do*
> xml-related operations* (generating, manipulating, parsing, etc.)
>and *DB operations* (connecting, inquiring, etc.)?*

I have used the now defunct PyXML with Stackless, but there is
nothing particularly mystical about that. The Andrew Dalke
PyCon 2007 talk has a section on Stackless and SAX parsing. The
talk's URL is:

http://dalkescientific.com/writings/StacklessPyCon2007-Dalke.pdf

As for database, I think the Concurrence package (can be used with
Stackless) has a MySQL database driver.

Cheers,
Andrew

Cheers,