[Stackless] porting from python-multitask to stackless

Andrew Francis andrewfr_ice at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 16 15:05:52 CEST 2010

Hi Mustafa:

> Message: 1
> Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2010 18:56:34 +0500
> From: Ghulam Mustafa <mustafa.pk at gmail.com>
> To: stackless at stackless.com
> Subject: [Stackless] porting from python-multitask to
> stackless

> i am going to port a piece of code from python-multitask to
> stackless, since i am new to python can someone help me understand how
> can i port following simple example to stackless python.

> i am not able to understand what is the equivalent of
> following lines.

I think the easiest thing for you to do is use the StacklessSocket library. Essentially channels masquerade as sockets (and a reactor runs in a separate tasklet) so it should be relatively easy to adapt. I seldom use StacklessSocket so I can't really provide you with more information. However look here: http://code.google.com/p/stacklessexamples/wiki/StacklessNetworking