[Stackless] "ImportError: No module named stackless" after installation on Ubuntu

Richard Tew richard.m.tew at gmail.com
Thu Aug 5 10:23:42 CEST 2010

On Thu, Aug 5, 2010 at 2:37 AM, Martijn van Iersel <mvaniersel at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm trying to install stackless python on Ubuntu 10.04, but it doesn't seem
> to be working. Here is what I tried:

Sorry, I meant to reply to this when I got into work this morning, but forgot.

If you compile the Stackless source, and the stackless module is not
present, then this is most likely because your platform is not
supported.

This may be because the architecture has no hard switching support
(assembly language code to change the stack pointer), or it may be
that whatever architecture it has needs to be added for the hard
switching support that applies to it.

The support detection is here:

  http://svn.python.org/projects/stackless/branches/release27-maint/Stackless/stackless.h

The accompanying hard switching support inclusion is here:

  http://svn.python.org/projects/stackless/branches/release27-maint/Stackless/platf/slp_platformselect.h