[Stackless] Reconnection problem with stacklesssocket

Richard Tew richard.m.tew at gmail.com
Wed Aug 11 02:18:30 CEST 2010

On Tue, Aug 10, 2010 at 11:48 PM,  <stackless.nst at internike.com> wrote:
> I seem to have a problem while trying to reconnect to a (stackless) socket,
> after a first connection failure.
>
> In fact, when a first connect fails, it seems that the second will always
> block forever (no matter if that one should fail or succeed).
>
> Did I miss something ?

I've written scripts that do multiple connects before and they worked
fine -- take for example the unit tests at the bottom of the
stacklessocket.py file.

I imagine that something custom to do with your code is causing the
problem.  Perhaps your stackless_addins is doing something hinky.
Perhaps, but unlikely, the  setblocking call you are doing for some
unknown reason is having a side-effect.

Your best bet is to start adding print statements.  Ensure that the
socket that you have connected to the second time is in the asyncore
map underlying stackless socket.  Ensure that poll is being called,
and that the stacklesssocket manager that drives the asynchronous IO
has not exited.  Etc.