[Stackless] Fwd: [Stackless-checkins] r84071 - stackless/trunk/Modules/_lsprof.c

Richard Tew richard.m.tew at gmail.com
Tue Aug 17 05:41:18 CEST 2010

2010/8/16 Kristján Valur Jónsson <kristjan at ccpgames.com>:
> I don't know, we really haven't decided.
> Stackless is still under active development.  I have a few patches and stuff waiting to go in.  Unlike vanilla Python, we are still adding stuff :)
>
> For what it's worth, these are changes to the "stackless" module.  I do think that we can keep the "python" part of it frozen.  These "stackless" changes will also be merged into the maint branches eventually (or those that are being maintained).

Hmm.  It kind of makes sense to continue Stackless development in the
trunk.  However, thinking about it, you are developing in a mirror of
a mainline branch that no longer represents any mainline branch.  I
think we should keep abandon future development in it for this reason,
developing in a representative branch ensures that you are not
developing on stale code, and that you have one less branch to merge
around.