[Stackless] stacklesssocket.py

Richard Tew richard.m.tew at gmail.com
Sun Aug 22 11:08:18 CEST 2010

On Sun, Aug 22, 2010 at 5:03 PM, Richard Tew <richard.m.tew at gmail.com> wrote:
> Anyway, the inconsistency is that you can block a non-main thread when
> the main tasklet does a channel operation.  But when the main tasklet
> is on a channel, and another tasklet on the scheduler exits, the main
> channel has to be reawakened.  This is completely in line with this
> not having had enough usage to finalise the needs it has to meet.

I would also add I was not running the scheduler on secondary threads,
merely handing off logic to run there.  So I was not using the
threadblock flag to alter thread scheduler behaviour in the way I
described.

Correcting the last paragraph:

Anyway, the inconsistency is that you can block a non-main thread when
its main tasklet does a channel operation.  But when that main tasklet
is blocked on a channel, and the last remaining tasklet in the
scheduler exits, in this situation it should be left blocked and the
thread should block, but instead it has to be reawakened.  This is