[Stackless] Updates to the Stackless Repository

Richard Tew richard.m.tew at gmail.com
Thu Dec 2 00:49:15 CET 2010

On Thu, Dec 2, 2010 at 4:37 AM, Andrew Francis <andrewfr_ice at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I have updated the stackless repository, adding a modified version of stackless.py that supports stackless.select() and an example of the Santa Claus Problem. In part this is for my PyCon 2011 submission.
>
> I am a bit unclear on the download versus repository part. Do I have check-in rights? In the days and weeks to come I would like to check in new examples and remove old examples from the site.

Hi Andrew,

You should be checking it into a suitable subdirectory and linking to
the wikipage from there, at least that is what the other examples do.
You can add a download if you think it is needed, like a public
version, but I would prefer you named it in such a way that it was
more specific to its purpose.  Adding something named "stackless.py"
as a download is too generic a name for an experimental side-project,
given that "stackless" is the name of "Stackless", if you know what I
mean.  Maybe "stackless_with_select.zip" and have your custom
"stackless.py" in there accompanied with a readme file.

You can see if you have check-in rights, on the google project, as
with all other google projects.  I have not looked, but I recall
giving it to you ages ago.  It is on the right hand side of the
project main page.