[Stackless] Bug Report: Bus error on Mac OS X Snow Leopard (x86_64)

Richard Tew richard.m.tew at gmail.com
Wed Dec 8 04:08:33 CET 2010

On Mon, Dec 6, 2010 at 6:55 AM, Daniel Norberg <daniel.norberg at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've discovered a possible bug in Stackless 2.6 on Mac OS X Snow Leopard.
>
> Running the following script using a x86_64 stackless on Mac OS X Snow Leopard produces a bus error.
>
>    import stackless
>    stackless.tasklet(lambda:None)().remove()
>
> Compiling stackless using CC="gcc -arch i386" makes the problem go away so it seems to be x86_64 specific.

Hi Daniel,

This just involves us trying to reproduce and debug it on a non-MacOS
computer (none of us have one), or getting shell access to one to do
so if we cannot.

A solid reproduction case and a clear description of what code you are
seeing the problem in, is more than sufficient.  I expect the call
stack would be partly gibberish and not that helpful anyway.