[Stackless] Planning Stackless Lite

Denis Bilenko denis.bilenko at gmail.com
Tue Feb 2 04:32:24 CET 2010

On Tue, Feb 2, 2010 at 3:13 AM, Richard Tew <richard.m.tew at gmail.com> wrote:
> This sounds a bit strange to me.  What maintenance are greenlets not
> getting?  The advantage they have over Stackless, is that they are an
> extension that does not need to be maintained.

> The only work they require is additional assembler files for additional platforms.
This is what I had in mind. It's not difficult to copy updated
assembler files from
Stackless but everyone does it for themselves and no one cares enough
to upload it on PyPI.

Also, this issue has been there forever (from greenlet.c):

/* XXX major open bugs:
   XXX - no GC.  Unfinished greenlets won't be deallocated if they
   XXX   contain a cycle to themselves from anywhere in their frame stack.
*/

(I'm not complaining, just explaining what I meant by "not maintained".)

Denis.