[Stackless] Planning Stackless Lite

Andrew Francis andrewfr_ice at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 3 18:54:22 CET 2010

Hi Peter:

> You might be interested in my improved emulation of
> Stackless using greenlet:
 >http://code.google.com/p/syncless/source/browse/trunk/syncless/greenstackless.py

Thanks for the reference. At first glance, your implementation is quite
different from stackless.py. For example, you have removed the internal
method channel_action and moved the logic into the scheduler. Henk Punt
has a modified version of stackless.py for his concurrence framework. I
believe Henk has fixed problems with preferences.

Out of curiosity, what does your framework do better? Also eventually
I want to add select support to stackless.py. It would be nice if we
could all agree on some sort of new stackless.py.