[Stackless] 2.5.2 compilation under Snow Leopard

Aleksandar Radulovic alex at a13x.info
Tue Feb 9 15:58:56 CET 2010

Hi Hervé,

You can use the build-installer.py (in Mac/BuildScript/ directory of
stackless source) to build an installer.. Unfortunately, it will build
an installer so it overwrites the existing python (of same version in
Frameworks).. If that's not what you want, then look at the script
itself, the configuration in there might help you to build it
yourself.

-alex.

On Tue, Feb 9, 2010 at 10:09 AM, Hervé Coatanhay
<herve.coatanhay at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to compile 2.5.5 version of python stackless under Mac OS X
> 10.6.2, I tried different configure options with the following
> results:
>
> 1) This one works perfectly under Mac OS X 10.5.8:
> `./configure --enable-stacklessfewerregisters --enable-universalsdk
> --prefix=/opt/stackless-255`
>
> gcc (4.2.1) complains it cannot compute sizeof wchar_t.
>

> 2) I used this for stackless 2.6.4 under Mac OS X 10.6.2
> `./configure --enable-stacklessfewerregisters --prefix=/opt/stackless-255`
>
> `configure` is OK but when doing `make`, gcc complains about
> unrecognized option `-Wno-long-double`.
>
> Thanks for any help or idea.
>
> --
> Herve