[Stackless] Distutils test Crazyness

Ariel Ben Yehuda ariel.bys at gmail.com
Wed Feb 24 20:11:21 CET 2010

I installed Stackless SVN in a newly-formatted PC with --build-shared,
--enable-stacklessfewerregisters (or something like that) and --enable-ipv6.
When I run $ make test, The distutils test failed (accidentally erased the
evidence with a "make install", so I tested it in chroot.

# debootstrap chroot
# mount -vt sysfs sysfs /sys
(more chroot mounts)
# cp /etc/apt/sources.list chroot/etc/apt
# cp /etc/resolv.conf chroot/etc
# cd chroot/root
# svn co .../release26-maint
# cd ../..
# chroot chroot
# aptitude update
# aptitude build-dep python2.6
# aptitude install build-essential
build-essential is already the newest version
# # python2.6 chain-builddepends on dpkg-dev which
recommends build-essential
# ./configure --enable-stacklessfewerregisters --enable-shared
# make
./Parser/asdl_c.py -h ./Include ./Parser/Python.asdl
/usr/bin/env: python: No such file or directory
make: *** [Include/Python-ast.h] Error 127
# # This is a unrelated bug
# # I think it belongs to debian more then to Stackless - I had
# # build-dep'ed Python AND I have build-essential, yet I failed
# # to compile a package.
# aptitude install python
# make
# make test

test_distutils

/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lpython2.6

collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

test test_distutils failed -- errors occurred; run in verbose mode for
details
# # I don't think you need rocket science to understand why test_distutils
failed
# # --- it tried to link to libpython2.6, which wasn't yet installed.
- Ariel Ben-Yehuda