[Stackless] Installing python + stackless python on the same machine?

Andriy Drozdyuk drozzy at gmail.com
Sun Jan 17 04:36:57 CET 2010

Hello,
another newbie question.Googling for this yields little results as it
only confuses the search engine...

I am wandering whether it is possible to install regular python and
stackless python (say both of version 2.6) on the same machine?
My system is Fedora 12 64bit.
Python comes preinstalled.

However when I configure, make and make install stackless python - it
just seems to overwrite the default python interpreter.

Is it possible to install both on the same machine so that i can do
something like:
python foo.py for regular python
and:
spython foo.py for stackless python?

Any tips are welcome!
PS: Also if anyone can point me or explain to me how to uninstall
stackless and revert back to default python that would be great :-)

-Andriy Drozdyuk