[Stackless] Installing python + stackless python on the same machine?

Ray Gallagher omyar_hunt at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Jan 17 11:48:30 CET 2010

I remember when I started using stackless, I did the ol' "make install" over the ubuntu-installed python and everything python fell over, and I had to claw my system back piece by piece.

these days what I do is :

1.   ./configure --prefix=/home/me/tools/stackless  (or whereever)
1.1. make install '(no sudo required)
1.2. then I'll simlink to the "~/tools/stackless/bin/python" runnable as "stackless" in either my ~/bin directory or /usr/local/bin if I want.

then from the command line it's just "stackless".

As a form of free advertising I guess.