[Stackless] Installing python + stackless python on the same machine?

Ray Gallagher omyar_hunt at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Jan 17 12:06:33 CET 2010

Just a follow up on that last post:

If you want to install external libraries (python-mysql or whatever), I usually use the Cheeseshop, which involves downloading setuptools.py and running it with the "stackless" binary..

Once it's run, it installs itself in the same dir as Stackless, and you can use the easy_install binary to install stuff n junk.

Also:
make sure you have the zlib-dev library installed before you install stackless itself or setuptools.py install falls over.