[Stackless] Planning Stackless Lite

Christian Tismer tismer at stackless.com
Tue Jan 19 19:55:08 CET 2010

Hit the wrong button...

The idea is to implement the code for context switching using Psyco's
technology and by patching Python at runtime. Patching the Python
source is no longer necessary. Instead, certain important locations in
the interpreter will be analysed at runtime. Stackless will have
descriptions of these places that allow to generate code to unwrap and
restorr the stack and to jump to these locations.

The approach is not easy, since it involves partial disassembling of
machine code. Also it is more platform dependant than ever. But it is
the most versatile solution I can come up with.

The Stackless module which is hard-wired into Stackless will become a
plain Python module that can take full advantage of Psyco.

That's just a short brain-dump. I' happy to get your thoughts. Ciao -
chris

Sent from my iPhone