[Stackless] Stackless and Pyrex efficiently

Andrew Francis andrewfr_ice at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 26 19:20:32 CET 2010

Hi Peter:

>I'm planning to reimplement some of my Stackless I/O buffering +
>read(2) + write(2) code in Pyrex. Is it possible to call
>stackless.schedule_remove() from a Pyrex method (or a C extension
>function)? Is it recommended? How should I make it work most
>efficiently? Is there a recommended alternative?

I don't know the C extension/Pyrex answer. However I thought Henk
Punt did some similar work with libevent, Stackless, and pyrex?

http://www.stackless.com/pipermail/stackless/2009-January/003834.html

>I'd like to translate a function like this to Pyrex:

Peter, here is something I have wondered about and would like to
test: is it really better to suspend and resume a tasklet when low
level data is available? Or when a high level message is available?
To me the issue revolves around context switches. Intuitively I would
think the later.

Cheers,
Andrew