[Stackless] Compile Error

Adam Faulconbridge asf500 at york.ac.uk
Wed Jul 14 14:49:21 CEST 2010

Hello,

I am trying to install Stackless Python 2.6.4 on Ubuntu 64-bit 9.10. The
actual executable seems to work fine, but some of the python standard
libraries seem to be missing (e.g. time, math) in the resulting install.
This appears as:

Python 2.6.4 Stackless 3.1b3 060516 (python-2.64:82882M, Jul 14 2010,
13:31:28)
[GCC 4.4.1] on linux2
>>> import math
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
ImportError: No module named math

I think I have a list of exactly the underlying missing parts by running the
following commands

./configure
make

Which gives me the following at the end of the process:

Failed to find the necessary bits to build these modules:
bsddb185           dl                 imageop
sunaudiodev
To find the necessary bits, look in setup.py in detect_modules() for the
module's name.

Looking up those bits in setup.py doesnt make the any clearer to me.
imageop seem to not work for any 64-bit
bsddb185 seems to be optional
sunaudiodev is specific to sunOS
dl also seems to not work for any 64-bit

I assume the missing stackless python library modules are because I am
missing dependencies somewhere. I have a working Python 2.6.4 install, so if
I can point at those libraries and work that would be fine too.

Any help appreciated!