[Stackless] stackess for 2.7

Richard Tew richard.m.tew at gmail.com
Sat Jul 24 05:23:27 CEST 2010

On Sat, Jul 24, 2010 at 10:26 AM, Jeff Senn <senn at maya.com> wrote:
> Hm... On a lark, I increased the number of registers that are saved on the stack swap...
> Now a 64-bit stackless 2.7 (on OS-X 10.6 at least) passes the stackless tests rather than crashing!
>
> I didn't actually study the amd64 ABI very much -- so I can't say this is the optimal solution
> or does not involve some sort of subtle error somewhere...
>
> I would suppose, though, that "not crashing" is a significant incremental improvement...
> should we commit this?

That you can run both the Python regression tests, and the Stackless
unit tests without any side effects is good enough for me.  If this is
the case commit it, but add a comment about the problem and how you
are not sure exactly which registers did the trick.

If you can merge it around to the other branches that are affected by
this problem, that would be good.