[Stackless] stackess for 2.7

Richard Tew richard.m.tew at gmail.com
Thu Jun 24 00:27:17 CEST 2010

On Thu, Jun 24, 2010 at 3:34 AM, Jeff Senn <senn at maya.com> wrote:
> Now that Python 2.7 is imminent... is there a plan to merge in for Stackless 2.7?

In due course.

To quote an email Kristjan sent:
"""
I have updated stackless/trunk to be in line with revision 81971 of
python/trunk.  This was quite a bit of work, since a lot has changed
in python/trunk, including whitespace.

It all workse now, (stackless tests, that is) except for one thing:

A test in test_pickle fails, because it fails to correctly pickle a cell object

It ends up trying to pickle the __main__.TestConcretePickledTasklets
class, not by global name but by picling its contents.  It eventually
fails when it is pickling a module dictionary that contains a file
object.  This module dictionary is for some reason not found in the
module dictionary id mapping in pricklepit.c.

Anyway, that is probably not the reason and we need to find out why
the class is being pickled, and if everything is happening as
expected.
"""

If the release is to be made in a timely fashion, this needs to be
fixed first (in addition to any other problems arising from the
merge).  I currently have other obligations, so it is unlikely I will
be looking into it any time soon.  So it either depends on Christian,
Kristjan or someone else stepping forward and digging into it for now.