[Stackless] stackess for 2.7

Jeff Senn senn at maya.com
Thu Jun 24 18:13:21 CEST 2010

Progress - it's now building, but I do see regular python test fails (compared to stock 2.7.rc2) on:

test_email test_functools test_pep352 test_pickletools test_sax test_sys test_tk test_ttk_guionly

I'm looking into them.  In particular so far:

test_pep352 fails because a text file in the test is missing a reference to TaskletExit.
Easy to fix, though it also raises an issue about whether TaskletExit should really be derived
from SystemExit or the BaseException class.

test_functools is related the test_pickletools fail which might have something to do with
the other pickling problem that Kristjan mentioned.  K- Does test_pickletools succeed for you?
The problem seems to have to do with some wrapping of a function by stackless...

test_email and text_sax have to do with line endings (\n vs \r\n) -- which is odd and troublesome...
and I'm looking more...

test_sys has to do with the slot wrapper object size (for int.__add__) being 44 bytes instead of 40.
(This might be correct for stackless -- it appears this test is commented out in release26_maint)

and I haven't check the tk stuff yet at all...