[Stackless] stackess for 2.7

Jeff Senn senn at maya.com
Fri Jun 25 14:42:43 CEST 2010

On Jun 25, 2010, at 6:54 AM, Kristján Valur Jónsson wrote:

> Excellent.
> I'll have a look when I'm able.
>
> Wrt TaskletExit, yes it makes perfect sense.  Like SystemExit, it is an exception that you normally don't want to handle.  So exception clauses like:
> try:
>    do_stuff()
> except Exception:
>    handle_error()
>
> will work as expected, and yet allow tasklets to be killed without fuss.

Agree... though I was talking about BaseException (rather then Exception).
i.e. do we want this:

BaseException
 +-- SystemExit
 +-- TaskletExit
 +-- KeyboardInterrupt
 +-- GeneratorExit
 +-- Exception
      +-- StopIteration
      +-- StandardError
      |    +-- BufferError

Or

BaseException
 +-- SystemExit
      +-- TaskletExit
 +-- KeyboardInterrupt
 +-- GeneratorExit
 +-- Exception
      +-- StopIteration
      +-- StandardError
      |    +-- BufferError

Unless there is some good reason for the latter, I think we want the former, no?
I can't think of a good reason -- and it might be confusing to someone who is doing something
where they catch SystemExit (probably in a 'finally'), expecting to see it only once...