[Stackless] google summer of code 2010

Andrew Francis andrewfr_ice at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 17 18:58:39 CET 2010

Hi Richard:

>Message: 1
>Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2010 08:14:53 +1300
>From: Richard Tew <richard.m.tew at gmail.com>
>To: stackless at stackless.com
>Subject: [Stackless] google summer of code 2010

>As usual, I will get Stackless under the PSF umbrella for Google
>Summer of Code.

I followed the included links and read the GSOC page. That's great!

>If you are interested in participating in this project,

Sounds like an interesting project. I have started playing with greenlets
as a part of prototyping a Go/Newsqueak style select and another construct I call an "event handler." Also starting to look at the Stackless Python internals. I'll download gevent and look at it.

> or even want to propose your own Stackless-related project for summer of >code, please do so.

The debugger is a good project. I would have to learn how pdb and more about stackless' internals to be helpful. One place I could help would be putting in deadlock detection in the debugger.