[Stackless] What's wrong with stackless python under Windows 7?

neil.young neil.young at freenet.de
Fri Mar 26 22:49:26 CET 2010

Hi list,
new here. I just wanted to give Stackless Python a try. I started with
2.6.5, because my latest "ordinary" Python installation was a 2.6.1. I'm
a Windows user. Download and installation went fine. I started to write
a small script, copied from the stackless page. Strange enough, it had
some problems with types, ending with a "?" (never seen that before in
Python). However, I thought I had an issue with 2.6.5, deinstalled it
all, downloaded 3.1.1 and installed it. Now the things are getting
really worse: This is the trace of a small console:

Python 3.1.1 Stackless 3.1b3 060516 (release31-maint, Oct  3 2009,
16:29:47) [MS
C v.1500 32 bit (Intel)] on win32
 >>> import stackless
 >>> def print_x(x):
...   print x
  File "<stdin>", line 2
    print x
          ^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax

Hmm. What the hell is wrong with "print x"? By the way: Every print
command ends up in "Invalid syntax". That's really fun :)

Regards