[Stackless] Installing Stackless on OS X 10.5 Reply | Peter Inglesby to stackless

Aleksandar Radulovic alex at a13x.net
Sat May 15 22:57:40 CEST 2010

Hi,

I built the installer for OS X, and it linked against standard libs in
standard locations. This is not related to stackless per se, it's
related to the way python itself is built. I remember having a problem
building python for HP-UX and linking against the correct ssl
libraries.

Do you use MacPorts or Fink? Did you install any extra ssl libraries?
Which ssl library version do you have?

I have installed the built Stackless 2.6.5 on several OS X machines
(although, 10.6) and it works.

-alex

On Sat, May 15, 2010 at 4:43 PM, Peter Inglesby
<peter.inglesby at googlemail.com> wrote:
> I've tried installing Stackless 2.6.5 on OS X 10.5 with
> stackless-2.6.5-macosx10.5-2010-03-24.dmg linked to from
> http://zope.stackless.com/download/sdocument_view.
>
> However, I can't use hashlib:

> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
>   File
> "/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/lib/python2.6/hashlib.py",
> line 136, in <module>
>     md5 = __get_builtin_constructor('md5')
>   File
> "/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/lib/python2.6/hashlib.py",
> line 63, in __get_builtin_constructor
>     import _md5
> ImportError: No module named _md5
>
> Is there a problem with the .dmg or could I have done something wrong?
>
> Thanks in advance for any help.

a lex 13 x
http://www.a13x.info