[Stackless] Installing Stackless on OS X 10.5 Reply | Peter Inglesby to stackless

Ronald Oussoren ronaldoussoren at mac.com
Tue May 18 17:39:22 CEST 2010

On 15 May, 2010, at 18:43, Peter Inglesby wrote:

> I've tried installing Stackless 2.6.5 on OS X 10.5 with stackless-2.6.5-macosx10.5-2010-03-24.dmg linked to from http://zope.stackless.com/download/sdocument_view.
>
> However, I can't use hashlib:

> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
>   File "/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/lib/python2.6/hashlib.py", line 136, in <module>
>     md5 = __get_builtin_constructor('md5')
>   File "/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/lib/python2.6/hashlib.py", line 63, in __get_builtin_constructor
>     import _md5
> ImportError: No module named _md5
>
> Is there a problem with the .dmg or could I have done something wrong?

I don't know how the stackless installer was build, but I do know that there are issues building the CPython installer on OSX 10.6 that can result in the problem you're seeing.  I'm very close to committing a fix for that to the CPython trunk and will port that to the other CPython branches. I expect that stackless will pick that up when they pull from the CPython repository again.

Ronald