[Stackless] EuroPython 2010 Talk and Questions

Andrew Francis andrewfr_ice at yahoo.com
Fri May 28 01:06:26 CEST 2010

Hi Folks:

My talk "Prototyping Go's Select for Stackless Python with Stackless.py" has been accepted. This will be my first time to Europe.

As I mentioned before, I have done prototypes of select() in stackless.py. I have done a dry run of the talk but I am altering it. I want to convey to the audience is that there is a lot of variety to the developer for using Stackless and its relatives. There is everything from Python + Greenlets + Stackless to PyPy-c with stackless to C based Stackless. And then there is Stackless with Psyco. I am trying to establish when should one use a particular flavour? I picked prototyping with stackless.py because the changes are radical (yes it could also be done throwing extra tasklets) and I simply want to illustrate the approach. Does anyone out there have an opinions on this?