[Stackless] ActiveMQ and Server Framework.

Richard Tew richard.m.tew at gmail.com
Fri May 28 01:53:36 CEST 2010

On Thu, May 27, 2010 at 10:32 AM, Kevin Wood <kevinw at justuni.org> wrote:
> 1.  I am looking for a server framework to start "Tasklets".  Currently, I
> have a Python application that on startup reads a service configuration file
> writing out ".py" file containing all the "Tasklets" a specific node should
> run or activate.  The generated file is then included via import and each
> individual "Tasklet" is started.  Each 'Tasklet' is configured similar to
> 'httpd' (MIN,MAX,SPARE).
>
> Is the a existing framework that preforms similar behavior?
>

> 2. 'Tasklets' are communicating via ActiveMQ currently using the below
> paradigm is there a channel based version of this or should I write my own
> channel?
>
> receiveNoWait(...)
> schedule()

Hi Kevin,

Is there something different you want than Stackless tasklets, that
causes you to say "Tasklets" instead of just using the word?

1. There is no such existing framework that I am aware of, at least
not an open source one.  However, it does read like something I
occasionally stumble upon searching for Stackless.  Try searching for
"VyperCloud" and see if that is similar to what you want.

2. Too unclear/ambiguous for me to say for sure.  But generally in
order to maintain the ability to make synchronous calls over blocking
mechanisms, like sockets or higher level communication frameworks, you
use channels as a tool.