[Stackless] stackless is not compatible with the third part egg

Stephen Hansen apt.shansen at gmail.com
Sat May 29 20:49:12 CEST 2010

On Sat, May 29, 2010 at 10:28 AM, feng wang <wangfeng3769 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello Mr Adam:
>       Thank for your letter , after I tried what you wrote in your letter
> ,i am sorry to tell you that the same Importerrors  happened  again ,I do
> nor know  how to overcome it. if you have an  ubuntu pc . I hope a test
> should be taken . waiting for your good news .

The modules you mentioned (wx, BeautifulSoup) are third-party modules, not
provided with Python default (let alone Stackless Python). If you want to
use them, you'll have to install them separately.

If you have Stackless installed separately from the system-installed Python
which has those, then you'll either need to adjust your PYTHONPATH before
running Stackless, to point it at the system-installed Python directories
(on Ubuntu, I really don't know where apt installs pure-python modules
directly) as its probably only going to find stuff under its own prefix
(/opt/stackless, and such). Or you can download those libraries again and
use Stackless to install them (i.e., /opt/stackless/bin/python setup.py
install) into its own search path.

As for wx... I have *no* idea if such a big C++ GUI/GTK+/etc library is
compatible with Stackless. Pure python modules (i.e., BeautifulSoup) should
be.

--S