[Stackless] stackless is not compatible with the third part egg

Roland Orre roland.orre at gmail.com
Sat May 29 21:48:44 CEST 2010

I think the problem may be that Ubuntu (and most other Linux distros)
are compiled with unicode support UCS4 but python and stackless
defaults to UCS2.
This means that any unicode string in e.g. Ubuntu will be represented
by 32 bit words but the the default UCS2 is 16 bit.

./configure --enable-unicode=ucs4

str is still 8 bit.