[Stackless] How to profile python code running inside tasklets?

Kristján Valur Jónsson kristjan at ccpgames.com
Mon Nov 8 04:41:04 CET 2010

Actually cProfile in the current stackless branch is stackless aware.
The problem is with enabling profiling on _all_ tasklets.  I have such a patch with my local version, but it is not in the central version yet.   There is the same profile with slprofile (something I wrote).
The usage of cProfile would be:

P = cProfile.Profile()
P.enable()
... run your stackless program for a while
p.disable()
p.print_stats()
or something like that.

The change to enable profiling on all tasklets is very small and I should probably commit it to stackless...