[Stackless] Python-stackless 2.6.2 crashes with the following segfault.

Richard Tew richard.m.tew at gmail.com
Wed Nov 10 00:36:21 CET 2010

On Wed, Nov 10, 2010 at 5:57 AM, Abhinav Jha <virolord at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm using python-stackless 2.6.2, which occasionally ( once every week or so
> with 24 hours runtime ) crashes with the following segmentation fault :
> [8150662.942496] python-stackles[6191]: segfault at 21 ip 00000000004d9d20
> sp 00007fffc6f2a050 error 4 in python-stackless[400000+162000]
> Since there is no core file, I am unable to debug further - what is that
> best way to fix this ? Is this  a known issue with this version ? Will
> upgrading to the latest version help ? Does a core file form when
> python-stackless crashes ? I am unable to find it at /usr/local/bin, where I
> installed this binary.  If not here, then where can it be ?

While Stackless is pretty much fixed feature-wise, we have over the
years uncovered a number of crash bugs.  The best version to use, is
the latest.  Using 2.6.2 when you can upgrade is a bad idea.  It is
very unlikely we will look into crash bugs in 2.6.2.

> Also, is the version at git://gitorious.org/stackless/mainlinemirror.git
> kept in sync with the latest version ?

Beats me, it is not official.  Use the SVN links on the Stackless web
site download page.