[Stackless] PyPy Greenlets and JIT

Andrew Francis andrewfr_ice at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 28 22:24:46 CET 2010

Hi Guys:

A few months ago in the pypy-dev mailing list, there a suggestion to use a greenlet approach to integrating Stackless Python features with the JIT. I asked whether I could help.

Give the difficulty getting select to work with C Stackless and the ease of getting it to work with stackless.py, I can see the advantage of this approach. Joint pattern work is probably going to be far more complicated than select - I wouldn't look forward to doing this in C. D

To date, I am setting up pypy and stackless environments where I can just run stuff in a debugger so I can understand what exactly stackless and greenlets do. I am also reading various internals documentation so I can get a more indepth knowledge of how Python works.

Again, does anyone have an opinions on the proposal? Or how to get a better feel for how greenlets work?