[Stackless] Advice on Tracking down GC Assertion Failure

Kristján Valur Jónsson kristjan at ccpgames.com
Mon Nov 29 06:34:16 CET 2010

Hi,
What this means is that the reference count of the target object is too low.  One of your objects holds a reference to it without having INCRefed it, and also visits it during the gc_visit callback.
That is the most likely explanation.  The other is that it is just a general reference mistake that accidentally shows up during GC.
Catch the target object and figure out what object it is, also take a look at from where it is being referenced.  This ought to give you an idea about it.  Use the debugger to examine "op" when the assertion fails.