[Stackless] Select Patch for Stackless 2.6.5

Andrew Francis andrewfr_ice at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 20 11:15:15 CEST 2010

Message: 4
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2010 12:37:28 +0800
From: Richard Tew <richard.m.tew at gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Stackless] Select Patch for Stackless 2.6.5

>Looks like some good work.

Kevin's work is great. Kevin is a pretty cool guy to work with. Working on select was a blast. Comment on his blog!

>No reflection on this work, but rather the select paradigm itself.  I
>find reading the code examples in Kevin's blog post, I have no idea
>what the code is supposed to be doing.

In retrospect, I know what the code does so the fragments may not make immediate sense to an outsider. I'll ask Kevin to write a full example. As for the select paradigm. Well select makes a lot of problems easier to code. As I and hopefully more people experiment, we can improve the API. For now, I am probably going to improve the API via stacklesss.py

I have an example here: http://andrewfr.wordpress.com/

And I will soon post an initial sketch of what the Santa Claus problem would look like using select.