[Stackless] world example on stackless site

Werner Thie werner at thieprojects.ch
Sat Sep 11 22:58:10 CEST 2010

Hi all

Just wanted to diddle with simulation stuff and stackless and found the
code from Boudewijn Rempt listed on the stackless site. A quick overview
showed that Qt is now in Nokias hand and version 4.6 is the current one.
This posed not too big a problem but then digging further I stumbled
when coming across functions like uthread.Timer().

uthred apparently went thru some iterations and even has offsprings with
suffixes like ccp and asgeier.

My questions are:

- is it a worthwhile effort to bring Boudewijns code up to what we have
in 2010?

- him using uthread is it reasonable to base simulation stuff on this
particular library (what version then?) or would it be better to use
something else?

- if uthread in its current incarnation is used, why were those
functions Boudewijn used dropped and how can they be replaced?

Thanks for enlightening me!

Werner