[Stackless] Problem with xmlrpc over stacklesssocket

Ray Gallagher omyar_hunt at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Sep 14 11:53:54 CEST 2010

Howdy folks.

Was wondering if you could point me in the right direction. Not sure if stacklesssocket is your project exactly though.

I'm having trouble with the basic python xmlrpc client over stacklesssocket. Basically, whenever I try to connect, the tasklet hangs. Other network protocols (basic http and memcache connections) seem to work fine. Also, the SimpleXMLRPCServer works fine under stacklesssocket. Seems to only be the xmlrpc client.

Anyone know how to tweak stacklesssocket to work with xmlrpc? I've attached runnable example code.

(notes on the code: I added the timeout_func when stacklesssocket complained to me about not having it. Also, if the loop tasklet is taken out, the process exits naturally without finishing the xmlrpc call. So I'm assuming there's a channel waiting on a message that never comes somewhere...)

stacklesssocket is from here: http://stacklessexamples.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/examples/networking/stacklesssocket.py and the stackless version itself is 2.63

cheers

Ray