[Stackless] Psyco V2 in Stackless

Christian Tismer tismer at stackless.com
Tue Sep 28 16:06:54 CEST 2010

  On 9/28/10 6:07 AM, Simon Wittber wrote:
> A few months ago Mr Tismer told us about his efforts to enable Psyco to run with Stackless.
>
> At that time I was able to compile psyco. Recently however, it stopped compiling. I'm using http://codespeak.net/svn/psyco/v2/private/norman  r77425
>
> c/mergepoints.c:228: error: ‘JUMP_IF_FALSE’ undeclared here (not in a function)
> c/mergepoints.c:228: error: ‘JUMP_IF_TRUE’ undeclared here (not in a function)
>
> There are no complaints about missing header files... so perhaps this is just a broken revision?
>
> Is anyone else using Psyco with Stackless, and if so, can you offer any tips to getting it working?

Hi,

I am the one who is (was) taking care of psyco.
The private branch was not changed for a long time, so I guess
you are trying python 2.7 with it? This does not yet work. Version
2.6.x should work fine, please let me know.

I am at the moment not sure when to continue with psyco.
The amount of necessary concentration is hard to bear, and I had my
third stroke this May. I will not continue that before November.
Psyco is dangerous for me. I played a bit with new Stackless ideas the
last days, and even with that I have to be careful.

The long-term plan is to make psyco 64 bit. Right now I am trying to
figure out if that makes sense, while PyPy seems to make good progress.
I need some time to find the right direction, this is really unclear.

cheers - chris

--
Christian Tismer             :^)<mailto:tismer at stackless.com>
14109 Berlin                 :     PGP key ->  http://wwwkeys.pgp.net/