[Stackless] Problem building release27-maint in 64-bit linux.

Jeff Senn senn at maya.com
Wed Aug 17 21:11:57 CEST 2011

To pick up this thread...(that is the sub-thread about testing the proposed stack swapping code on OSX/Darwin)

I'm back to being able to look at it... however I'm having problems with
a fresh to checkout of branches/release27-maint.

I'm on Lion (10.7.1) now and I suspect my gcc configuration might be a little
messed up after jiggling it around to attempt some backward compatible builds
that Apple doesn't think I need anymore... anyway, long-story-short: can
anyone else here try a build on Lion with stock Apple Dev tools and verify
whether the 32-bit intel version works?

svn co http://svn.python.org/projects/stackless/branches/release27-maint
cd release27-maint
./configure --with-universal-archs=intel --enable-universalsdk=/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.5.sdk
make
# tricky part to ensure running in 32-bit mode:
mv python.exe python64.exe
lipo python64.exe -remove x86_64 -output python.exe
make teststackless

I get a bus error when running in 32-bit (looks like the stack is messed up or misaligned
after a slp_transfer). The 64-bit version seems to work.

I could be just my build environment, or it could be that something about gcc on Lion
has changed...