[Stackless] Tasklet pickling / code migration thesis

Anselm Kruis a.kruis at science-computing.de
Tue Feb 1 12:44:44 CET 2011

Hi Richard,

Sorry, that's a misunderstanding. My thesis was in the field of experimental
fluid dynamics, 15 years ago. My current work with stackless python is not
related to the thesis you mentioned in your initial post.

best regards
   Anselm

Am 01.02.2011 09:25, schrieb Richard Tew:
> On Mon, Jan 31, 2011 at 4:45 PM, Anselm Kruis
> <a.kruis at science-computing.de>wrote:
>
>> Fortunately my thesis has been finished a long time ago, but my colleagues
>> and me, we are developing a technical work-flow system using stackless
>> python. One cornerstone is the ability to pickle tasklets, and unpickle them
>> later on a different computer. Our product has not yet been released.
>> Therefore I can't disclose details. But I can give some insight into the
>> pickling of tasklets. We are using an enhanced pickling class and the
>> default unpickling class. Most enhancements over the standard stackless
>> python pickler deal with the pickling of complete modules.
>>
>> I hope, that I can convince my management to release the extended pickler
>> to open source, as soon as the product is released. But I can't promise.
>> Meanwhile, don't hesitate to ask, if you have any specific questions.
>>

> Thanks for the update Anselm, release the pickler if you wish and are able
> to, it will be appreciated.
>
> Is your thesis available anywhere for public consumption?
>
> Cheers,
> Richard.

  Dipl. Phys. Anselm Kruis                       science + computing ag
  Senior Solution Architect                      Ingolstädter Str. 22
  email A.Kruis at science-computing.de             80807 München, Germany
  phone +49 89 356386 874  fax 737               www.science-computing.de

--
Vorstand/Board of Management:
Dr. Bernd Finkbeiner, Dr. Roland Niemeier,