[Stackless] stacklesssocket exception swallowing (was: Buglet in libevent stackless socket).

Richard Tew richard.m.tew at gmail.com
Tue Feb 1 14:58:58 CET 2011

On Mon, Jan 10, 2011 at 9:19 AM, Richard Tew <richard.m.tew at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Sun, Jan 9, 2011 at 1:50 PM, Estevo <euccastro at yahoo.com> wrote:
> > This is my run using the standard stacklesssocket.py:
> >
> > es at duna:~/burrotron$ sp test-socket.py sls
> > um- connected?
> > es at duna:~/burrotron$
>
> Thanks for the reproduction case Esteban, this works fine on Windows.
> Insert unhelpful comment about either upgrading to Windows, or to
> Python 2.7 ;-)  It looks like a bug in Stackless Python 2.6, as I have
> to do a release for that when I get the chance, I'll try and make sure
> this gets fixed at the same time.

As I now have a Ubuntu installation running in a virtual machine, I took a
look at this.  It was a bug in asyncore in Python 2.6, where a connection
error was treated like a normal connection event.  I added special case code
to stacklesssocket.py to do the proper handling if Python 2.6 is being used.
 A new version has been checked in.

Thanks for the excellent bug report Esteban :-)