[Stackless] Tasklet pickling / code migration thesis

Andrew Francis andrewfr_ice at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 3 00:43:24 CET 2011

Hi Richard:

Message: 2
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2011 20:29:24 +0800
From: Richard Tew <richard.m.tew at gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Stackless] Tasklet pickling / code migration thesis

>I was however inspired by your reply to do some searching in my gmail
>account, rather than on the internet at large.  And the result is that I
>found the person I was talking about, Gabriel Lavoie.  This thread here
>gives me some links I didn't have the time to look into when they were
>originally posted:

>  http://www.stackless.com/pipermail/stackless/2010-September/004829.html

Darn, I am a wee late in responding. I guess the only thing I can add is Gabriel (who doesn't live too far away) works with PyPy.

As for tasklets and workflow. A long time ago, I wrote a toy WS-BPEL server that could serialise its execution state (I think Microsoft Biztalk  literature calls this "hydration"). It was the ability to pickle that initially attracted me to Stackless.