[Stackless] Stackless documentation

Richard Tew richard.m.tew at gmail.com
Fri Feb 4 03:05:11 CET 2011

On Fri, Feb 4, 2011 at 6:42 AM, Andrew Francis <andrewfr_ice at yahoo.com>wrote:

> >sieve of erathosthenes, both sound more academic than practical to me.
> >However, you're more onto what can be explained by each than me, so if you
> >think you can incorporate them in a suitable way that demonstrates
> >something usefully.. then by all means do it and make a patch.
>
> The sieve doesn't need a patch to Stackless. It is just an example. The
> sieve is useful because many languages with channels like to show how the
> sieve can be solved in a terse manner. The sieve example I have is useful
> because I altered it to support pickling.

The Python documentation, and by extension the Stackless documentation which
builds on it, is written in reStructuredText.  See the following link..

http://svn.python.org/view/stackless/branches/release27-maint/Doc/library/stackless/

<http://svn.python.org/view/stackless/branches/release27-maint/Doc/library/stackless/>So
the patch I was referring to, is the way in which you would provide any
changes to the existing documentation files, or add new ones.

Hope that is clearer. :-)