[Stackless] Buglet in libevent-based stackless socket.

Richard Tew richard.m.tew at gmail.com
Fri Jan 7 04:53:56 CET 2011

On Thu, Jan 6, 2011 at 11:42 PM, Estevo <euccastro at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I tried to report this directly to the author of the libevent-baset stackless
> socket, at the e-mail address indicated in the module (phoenix at burninglabs.com),
> but my e-mail bounced. Here's hoping he's following this list.

Hey Esteban,

I can check this change in if there is no response, but honestly, that
looked ghastly before your change and it looks at least as ghastly
after :-)  In an ideal world this libevent-based socket module would
be rewritten to properly support the socket module expected use
patterns.

Anyone use this module and want to sponsor someone to rewrite it to
work in the same clean manner as stacklesssocket.py, including
supporting having the standard library unit tests run against it?
Preferably it would not be me that would do this, were someone willing
to sponsor it.