[Stackless] PyCon 2011 Talk Acceptence and Questions on Greenlets

Andrew Francis andrewfr_ice at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 13 18:59:39 CET 2011

Message: 4
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2011 07:58:00 +0800
From: Richard Tew <richard.m.tew at gmail.com>
Cc: tismer at stackless.com
Subject: Re: [Stackless] PyCon 2011 Talk Acceptence and Questions on
    Greenlets

On Thu, Jan 13, 2011 at 3:20 AM, Andrew Francis <andrewfr_ice at yahoo.com> wrote:

> On a different note, I am trying to learn more about that greenlets do >under the hood. In part, I am running the greenlet code in a debugger to >get a feel for what is happening but I am not quite sure what I should be >looking for specifically. My question is I don't see any modifications to >the eval functions in ceval.c. So is this what is meant at a more >technical level by hard-switching?

>This has been discussed and described multiple times in the past.

But not to a level that I want. It is time to go deeper.

Richard I am researching how greenlets work. A part of this is actually looking at the code with a debugger. However I do not see a problem with also asking questions and starting a conversation on this otherwise quiet mailing list. If anyone can provide insights, that would be great. I guess that I am interested in is that I do not see the any alteration to ceval.c. I need to understand more about what is on the C stack to move beyond a superficial understanding of hard switching. I am interested in part because I want to see if this technique can be extended to PyPy-C.