[Stackless] Basic stackless embedding

Andrew Macentire amacentire at ymail.com
Mon Jan 17 17:18:21 CET 2011

Hello! I'm new to the field and I was trying a simple stackless embedding test and experienced problems.Here is the short source code to my test:

#include <stackless_api.h>
#include <windows.h>

int main(void)

{
PyInterpreterState* pys;
Py_Initialize();
PyRun_SimpleString("import stackless");
PyRun_SimpleString("print stackless.runcount");
PyRun_SimpleString("print stackless.getcurrent()");
PyObject *task;
task=PyStackless_GetCurrent();    //  <==== CRASH HERE
Py_DECREF(task);

return 1;
}

I am using MSVC 8 and an unmodified distribution of Python 2.7.1 Stackless 3.1b3 060516,
built with the same compiler.
The crash happens inside PyStackless_GetCurrent, which looks like this:

PyObject *
PyStackless_GetCurrent(void)
{
    PyThreadState *ts = PyThreadState_GET();
    PyObject *t = (PyObject*)ts->st.current;

    Py_INCREF(t);
    return t;
}

The crash happens on Py_INCREF(t), because the thread state object returned by PyThreadState_GET
doesn't seem to be properly initialized.
I'm probably missing something very basic, but any help is appreciated.

Cheers!