[Stackless] Tasklet pickling / code migration thesis

Anselm Kruis a.kruis at science-computing.de
Mon Jan 31 09:45:06 CET 2011

Hi,

Fortunately my thesis has been finished a long time ago, but my colleagues and
me, we are developing a technical work-flow system using stackless python. One
cornerstone is the ability to pickle tasklets, and unpickle them later on a
different computer. Our product has not yet been released. Therefore I can't
disclose details. But I can give some insight into the pickling of tasklets. We
are using an enhanced pickling class and the default unpickling class. Most
enhancements over the standard stackless python pickler deal with the pickling
of complete modules.

I hope, that I can convince my management to release the extended pickler to
open source, as soon as the product is released. But I can't promise. Meanwhile,
don't hesitate to ask, if you have any specific questions.

Regards
   Anselm

Am 31.01.2011 05:20, schrieb Richard Tew:
> Hi,
>
> I seem to recall someone mentioning doing a thesis or some other similar
> university project, and Stackless tasklet pickling and running code
> migration being a part of it.  Does anyone remember, and can point me to
> this?  I'm sitting here waiting for things to download while I look into the
> pending 3.1.2 release, and it'd be an interesting read if it ever
> eventuated.
>
> Cheers,
> Richard.

  Dipl. Phys. Anselm Kruis                       science + computing ag
  Senior Solution Architect                      Ingolstädter Str. 22
  email A.Kruis at science-computing.de             80807 München, Germany
  phone +49 89 356386 874  fax 737               www.science-computing.de

--
Vorstand/Board of Management:
Dr. Bernd Finkbeiner, Dr. Roland Niemeier,