[Stackless] Removal of become and capture

Christian Tismer tismer at stackless.com
Wed Jun 29 15:57:36 CEST 2011

On 6/22/11 1:10 PM, Richard Tew wrote:
> Hi,
>
> As previously discussed [1], become and capture are on the slate for
> removal.  If you have a problem with this, you should speak up now.
> Otherwise, I am looking at removing them from all SVN branches in the
> next couple of days.
>
> [1] http://www.stackless.com/pipermail/stackless/2009-December/004444.html

Hi,

this removal is really overdue, and I'm encouraging you to remove it
even if somebody will complain. This was a tricky feature, appeared
elegant, but actually was born out of sloppiness that I discourage
very much. It gets in the way when trying to modernize the stackless
implementation.

cheers -- chris

--
Christian Tismer             :^)<mailto:tismer at stackless.com>