[Stackless] Me Bad Re: Stackless sprint at PyCon

Jeff Senn senn at maya.com
Tue Mar 29 16:28:21 CEST 2011

Thanks for the explanation!

On Mar 29, 2011, at 10:16 AM, Kristján Valur Jónsson wrote:

> Well, we have the permission to host stackless at hg.python.org.  The question is just how.
> It will be a new project and the question is whether we should try to recreate the svn history in hg, (complicated, apparently) or just start afresh with a clear slate and a few branches.

Though the historian in me cringes horribly ... *practically* speaking the latter is probably sufficient (given that there probably aren't too many
projects around stuck in particular branches of stackless which will later need carefully tended paths forward).

Perhaps more significantly how will it be represented? as a branch from the particular python version? or completely separate code that shares
a lot of similar pieces?  I'm not sure I understand enough about merging in this new world to know how to think about it...  I just hope it's not
any *worse* than svnmerge :-)