[Stackless] Stackless mercurial repository live

Richard Tew richard.m.tew at gmail.com
Wed Sep 28 01:43:21 CEST 2011

2011/9/27 Kristján Valur Jónsson <kristjan at ccpgames.com>:
> Ok, I'll do that.  So, what's the current dev policy for the new repo?
> Where does continuing work go to?

Note that it's probably best to hold off.

I'm experiencing problems with using the native facilities merging
between the cpython repository and the stackless repository, because
they do not share a common history.

We can't pull from the former to the latter (or I am doing it wrong).

   hg pull --force ..\cpython --branch 3.2 --rev a222a015e28d:ac1f7e5c0510
   abort: unknown revision 'a222a015e28d:ac1f7e5c0510'!

The unknown revision is probably a user error on my part, although
this is how the docs say to do revision ranges.  The docs also say
that this will not work without a common history, and that cherry
picking revisions in general is unsupported.

We can't "transplant" from the former to the latter (or I am doing it wrong).

  D:\VCS\HG\Python\stackless-r32>hg transplant --source ..\cpython
  --branch 3.2 --merge ac1f7e5c0510
  searching for changes
  warning: repository is unrelated
  searching for changes
  abort: repository is unrelated

I think the best option is to redo the conversion, but rather than
into an empty new repository, instead into a clone of the cpython
repository and then to look at converting the stackless SVN repository
into that again and if it is possible to get linkages in place.

Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh humbug!